FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Newbie using F class.......
View Single Post
Old Dec 18, 2018, 2:42 am
JohnGreat

Programs: Marco Polo Club; Asia Miles
Folks... just to update my first experience in first class cabin on a red eye flight with full occupied flight. Here’s my summary, may be usefull for next newbie...
  1. Before take off, purser came to ask what I like to have for meals so she can ‘reserve’ and when I like to be served “...”, that’s in my mind. I explain it’s my first experience and she explained with a friendly smile. Anyway, I settle with ‘shortly after takeoff’ and ‘before landing’ just like in J.
  2. SP ask about my size for pajama and I asked for a lady’s ‘S’ and she added if also wanted a female amenities? There’s no issue. I believe many had the same request before. It seems the pajama is unisex, not sure. I will find out if I should request for a ‘XS’ for a small Asian woman on my next flight.
  3. Shortly after take off, cabin’s lights were dimmed to mood lightings. Kind of dark when they served me dinner/supper. Food was presented elegantly but I don’t feel the food to be that great as to write home about. Although the portion is bigger than in J. However, I do like the caviar, I can taste it’s better quality than the US$130 I purchase in Costco. I can’t tell if I am the only one being served as the mini cabin is very private. I can’t hear nor see other mini cabins unless I stand up and even if I stand I can only see the mini cabin behind me clearly and not the rest. There was no welcome card presented as I seen it in YouTube.
  4. Now to the hot topic, changing to my basketball shorts and T-shirt after dinner/supper. I personally feel it is fine. When purser set up my bed, I went to change. Do note that the Cabin has been dimmed to mood lighting and it’s not dark dark but it’s dark. I’m sure no one saw or knew I have changed. When I returned after changing, purser is gone with a LED lighted up for me in my mini cabin. It feels I am alone in the whole cabin. Even during middle of the flight when I go to the bathroom, I don’t see the purser or SP. The galley is darked. Wonder where did they hide. I meant it’s very quiet and private. No one walk around or even passing through the cabin.
  5. Conclusion,
  • Seat is wide and comfortable, excellent for a good sleep for a red eye flight, which means I did not explore much in the cabin. Just eat and sleep, did not even watch TV
  • One can tell the seat is old but still in good condition, hope CX will upgrade or refresh soon
  • Food is so-so, not like having a meal in French Laundry or close to that class as I anticipated
  • If one wants to fully enjoy the full meal, don’t eat too much before flight