FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2019] Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort {US-HI}
Old Dec 17, 2018, 1:06 pm
patmcpsu

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, AAdvantage Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by smmrfld
Now we've gone from "cheapskates" to "freeloaders". This just gets richer. Franchise owners and Blackstone itself flag their properties with clear knowledge regarding how loyalty programs affect profitability; they undoubtedly have significantly more data than you on which to base their decisions.
I apologize if you consider yourself to be one of those terms but not the other. I consider them interchangeable.

We both recognize that the people who show up on points, and obtain maximum consumption with zero spending, present a burden onto the hotel. And, as you said, those people are considered by the hotel when shaping the policy into what it is. We agree on all this; we disagree on if we should do our part to preserve the currently-generous policy.

EDIT: For what it's worth, the Waldorf Astoria breakfast policy changed this year. This hotel didn't sign up for it. I can see the corporate policy changing if enough hotels complain about the new policy.

Last edited by patmcpsu; Dec 17, 2018 at 1:12 pm Reason: added edit