FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2018)
Old Dec 17, 2018, 12:22 pm
be_rettSEA

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by BH62
Happen to be flying AS in First Class on Dec 25 during the evening dinner hour ... any expectation of a "Christmas Dinner" or is this just an ordinary day as far as AS is concerned?
Would anticipate an ordinary dinner, but would probably depend on individual FAs going the extra mile to do something beyond the standard offering. I flew a trans-con in F on Christmas morning last year, and there wasn't anything different than previous breakfast F flights on the route. They may do something different for dinner, but I wouldn't anticipate a turkey dinner or something beyond what's typically offered on the route.

More senior FAs (in my experience, the ones who would be willing to do something more special) are also more likely to put their route bids in that do not include flying on Christmas, so you're likely to get someone who was just assigned to the route, and probably isn't thrilled to be working on Christmas.