FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DYKWIA | 2018 edition
View Single Post
Old Dec 17, 2018, 11:31 am
Joshm300

Originally Posted by PAL62V
I have to say that I am constantly amazed at the spinelessness shown by some people to DYKWIA's. In some cases it's obviously easier to ignore them but in this case, why on earth would the parent of the boy not say something then and there?? I would be apoplectic if my son had been approached like that when he was 8 and he had then thought that he'd better get up and move.
She was amazingly commanding/controlling of the situation, clearly using her tiny knowledge of flying to try and intimidate less experienced travellers. She was also very confrontational, so certainly one of those people it’s easiest just to ignore if you can stomach it. It just annoyed me the crew didn’t manage her, she got on that flight with the clear intention to have twice as many seats as she paid for and that’s what she got.

Her lack of flying knowledge showed when She tried to tell me the reason the flight was so full was because “air Seychelles cancelled their flight to London last night”. I decided not to try and explain to her that neither the twin otter or a320 has quite got the range for that journey.