FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Official - GLOBAL UPGRADE CERT success thread - Yay! I got it!
Old Dec 17, 2018, 10:10 am
Keyser
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
it took some effort but managed to upgrade dxb-jfk & jfk-del at booking yesterday....

the first agent said she could see the upgrade but was not able to apply it to the reservation since 3 out of the 4 segments were klm flights & i had to call back when the international desk was open....

called back a couple of hours later for a second time & was told that no upgrade was available on the dates i was looking for....the agent found upgrades on flights around my travel dates so i told him i would call back after checking if i could alter my travel plans by a few days....

called back for a third time later in the day & this time the agent found the upgrades on the alternate days as well as my preferred dates but the rate she quoted was a lot higher than what the other 2 agents had quoted earlier....

so i hung up & called back for the 4th time & this time i finally got an agent who knew what she needed to do....she found the upgrade on my preferred travel dates & for the lower rate i had initially been quoted....took her half an hour to book & process the upgrade....