FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any real difference between Grand Hyatt and Hyatt Regency?
Old Dec 17, 2018, 8:19 am
MarkOK

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Originally Posted by steveholt
There are plenty of very nice GHs. GH Kuala Lumpur is luxurious. GH Seattle is fantastic. GH DFW is one of the best airport hotels on the planet. GHs in DC, Denver, HK are all quite comfortable.
Yes. And, I would add GH Atlanta Buckhead to that list as well.

The thing about these properties is that they will do the little things that a lot of HRs by and large don't do (i.e. folded towels on every treadmill, stocked supplies such as razors in the gym bathroom; have a car service; have the NYTimes; actually have a porter ready to help you with luggage). In my experiences, I have never had a special request take more than 5 minutes to be taken care of at a GH. Too many times at HR's, its taken hours for someone to bring something up the room.

If I was staying just one night, it probably doesn't matter between a GH and HR. But if I am staying for a week, I'd rather be at a GH (except NYC of course)

Last edited by MarkOK; Dec 17, 2018 at 10:43 am