FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Dec 16, 2018, 9:57 pm
UAflyer93

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Mlife NOIR
Originally Posted by bknets88
So I had a real fun experience checking into PH NYC today. I go to check in and ask the agent if they have any globalist upgrades for a 1 night stay. She says yes I can upgrade you to a king studio suite. I say oh cool thanks! I’m like so that is a junior suite? And she says no it’s a level below. We only give the junior suites when you use a TSU. So I’m like ok but that is against the rules since Globalist’s are supposed to get the same suite upgrade as using a TSU if available at check in. And she says no that’s not true but for $500 extra I can give you the junior suite. I didn’t really need a better room and was not in the mood of arguing so I just moved on and kept my mouth shut.
I had the same experience at check in. Agent wanted TSU for Junior suite. King Studio Suite was sold out and she was refusing globalist upgrade to junior suite without TSU or cash.

Pretty much every room category was available except for the one category that they’ve carved out for Globalist upgrades.

I complained to my concierge but she has been quite useless, and said I would need to check with the front desk of the hotel.

All in all, this hotel just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. A couple of the women working at the front desk are real pieces of work, and should be reassigned to selling timeshares.