FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Dec 16, 2018, 8:39 pm
txhyattlvr

Originally Posted by bknets88
So I had a real fun experience checking into PH NYC today. I go to check in and ask the agent if they have any globalist upgrades for a 1 night stay. She says yes I can upgrade you to a king studio suite. I say oh cool thanks! I’m like so that is a junior suite? And she says no it’s a level below. We only give the junior suites when you use a TSU. So I’m like ok but that is against the rules since Globalist’s are supposed to get the same suite upgrade as using a TSU if available at check in. And she says no that’s not true but for $500 extra I can give you the junior suite. I didn’t really need a better room and was not in the mood of arguing so I just moved on and kept my mouth shut.
Funny thing is, I don't there's much/any difference between "King Suite" and what most would consider a "Junior Suite." The real next step up here are the one bedroom suites, and I, for one, have been upgraded into them as a Globalist - without even asking... so the policy is definitely inconsistent at best.

Be sure to check out the awesome pool and enjoy the breakfast. I've had great experiences with both....