FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2018/2019 Edition
Old Dec 16, 2018, 8:17 pm
ab2013

Programs: AS MVPG, DL FO, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 Whatevers

Originally Posted by CHOPCHOP767
DL 2119 - 15 Dec
DTW to MSY
B717
Breakfast

Full Bar PDB offer was taken up by most of the cabin given the destination. FEBO followed. Choice of sandwich sandwich or cold plate. The sandwich wasn't at all terrible; much better than the ham variation I've had in the past. Service from the crew was excellent.

DL 567 - 16 Dec
ATL to BOS
A321
Lunch

Full PDB and very friendly service from what appeared to be a more senior crew. I don't fly DL as much as the others, but I recognized a few of them from on this routing in the past. Choice was chicken sandwich or salad. The chicken sandwich was a nice meal; nice taste, filling, etc. Really great service again; the lead FA was kind enough to bring me multiple mini-Desanis which I needed after the previous evening's festivities in NOLA

In sum, no complaints at all from my four flights with DL this weekend ^
US airlines have really trained us well so that we’re happy with warm sandwiches in domestic F on < 3 hour flights these days. I really hope that this doesn’t give bean counters too many brilliant ideas for cost cutting when the next economic downturn arrives and airlines start burning through cash again.