FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2018/2019 Edition
Old Dec 16, 2018, 3:21 pm
Sung Sam

Originally Posted by BenA
SEA-NRT - December 2018

Not a ton of Japanese Delta One meal coverage lately, so thought I’d contribute the winter menu ex-Seattle. This was in the top five airline meals I’ve ever been served - really fantastic start to finish.

Where else can you get salmon, cod, duck, shrimp, beef and tofu all in one meal? All were amazing; the beef was a particular standout, despite it not photographing well - really soft and tender, and went well with the tofu which absorbed some of the juices...

Prearrival meal was weaker - the ginger pork was okay, a bit of a breaded and fried type presentation. But not at all memorable like the main meal was, and I actually had a bit of regret vs my seatmate’s eggs and sausage.

I can’t get over their croissants pairing with rice dish for breakfast meal. I know it’s optimized for scrambled egg or similarly western entree but wish they fixed this oversight. Kaiseki from NRT to SEA was good. Never tried Japanese for flights leaving the US. Gave up on their steak since it’s usually way overdone and flavorless. Did you try the braised beef? Was that any good?