FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No record of being ticketed
View Single Post
Old Dec 16, 2018, 11:24 am
danielonn

Originally Posted by expataus
Is there a way for BA to check all calls related to a booking or FF#?

having just failed to OLCI for a flight, I discovered that it hadn’t been ticketed and there was no record of me having called to pay for the booking.

Seems off, since I definitely called and gave my credit card when I wanted to confirm the booking, and I can’t imagine they’d have left an unpaid booking remain in the system for 6 weeks without cancelling it.

Is is this just an IT issue? They’ve told me that they will try and issue the ticket now and then call me back, but if they can’t do it, I’m not quite sure what recourse I have.
BA Is required to get you on a flight that you paid for in good faith. If there is a problem then the Ticketing department had to have contacted you. Its not your fault that the third party outsourced payment processor did not process your payment and ticket your reservation in time. I would press for a "Forced Ticket" and see if they can reprocess the form of payment by providing your CVV again. If they get a lot of these issues then they should reconsider their payment processor .

The same goes for my local Community College they use a third party NetPay and if there is a problem the financial services of the colleges reaches out to NetPay and asks them for the authorization code.

BA should be able to provide you with an Authorization or Attempted Authorization code and the dates they attempted to charge your credit card, the date and time the pre-authroization was taken if it was approved or declined, the date and time they tried to contact you for any problem. Point in case if you were not made aware of such an issue then it would be reasonable to believe that everything is ok.

How can you be expected to babysit your reservation constantly.I mean its good to see that a ticket number is associated and if none is then I would question the problem but after a ticket number has been associated then the airline enters into an agreement to carry you.