FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 master thread
View Single Post
Old Dec 16, 2018, 11:14 am
HPN-HRL

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
Originally Posted by Forever in Seattle
Does anyone know of any ex LAX (or any other LA airport) domestic routes, even to somewhere like Mexico, that are good for a TP run that can be booked at late notice? Looks like I'll be ending up there over the Xmas break, and I need a 235 points (plus 1 more BA flight - loads of time on BA metal this year, just not eligible flights) by Feb. So I would like to put a nice dent in it, and just be left with a easy LHR/LGW weekend trip in the new year to get past the post.
After taking a quick look,I don't see anything very good out of LAX this month. Best I see is 240 TP via LAX-TUS-DFW-SAL-DFW-TUS(or SAN)-LAX for $900+, but you have to depart LAX no later than 27 Dec and can't come back until the red-eye 29/30 Dec, so 2+ nights in El Salvador. Assuming you are based in the UK or Europe, I suspect that you would be better off just booking a 160 TP run + an 80 TP run (or 3 nested AMS-LGW-JER return trips) when you are back.

EDIT: Best same-day TP run I see is $991 LAX-JFK-LAX on the 27th - more TP than you need but it would be comfortable, or you could route through Vegas both ways for more TP and lower cost (~$825) but less comfort.

Last edited by HPN-HRL; Dec 16, 2018 at 11:38 am Reason: Added LAX-JFK info