FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any real difference between Grand Hyatt and Hyatt Regency?
Old Dec 16, 2018, 8:08 am
The _Banking_Scot
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Having stayed at both (and currently en route to HK to stay at HR TST again) I think the HR is good value (for free night redemption especially) and factoring in location is hard to beat at its price level. GH has a nicer feel to public spaces (more opulent, perhaps?) and significantly better food/beverage offerings in the club lounge, but not enough to justify the price differential to me. Honestly if the HR spruced up its lounge (and lounge F&B), added some staff, and heated the water in its pool, it could probably call itself a GH, unless there's something related to meeting facilities that it's missing.

I think the brand distinction is easier to see in some markets like Washington DC: the GH has a big opulent lobby with floors of meeting space downstairs, the HR feels dated and worn but does the trick as a run-of-the-mill conference site, etc.
Hi,

Agree with your comments platbrownguy, the HR TST was very good value for money ( spend 3 paid nights there 3-6 Dec) . The pool water was cold ( and closes at 6pm which was early compared to the Sheraton and Conrad (10pm)

Enjoy your stay ( and take some time to walk around the K11 mall as it is all done up for christmas

Regards

TBS