FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DoubleTree Suites by Hilton New York City - Times Square {US-NY} (no longer Honors)
Old Dec 16, 2018, 8:04 am
jmd001

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott Plat LT, HH Gold, IHG Plat, WoH Discvst, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by narsil
Exactly. I am a Hilton Diamond and my award room was still canceled. I messaged @HonorsRepresentative to see if they had any other info. This leaves everyone scrambling for alternatives and makes it hard to trust the Hilton brand.
I'm not sure about legally, but morally, the Hilton brand should force the property owners to provide you with comparable accommodations for the same night(s).

I would categorize the hotel's action as effectively the same as being "walked" (moved to another hotel when the original hotel could not accommodate you for a guaranteed reservation ... for whatever reason). Hotels make customers pay when we are "no shows" for a "guaranteed" reservation; the hotel should pay the customer if they are "no shows" in terms of providing the service they "contracted" to provide. IMHO.