FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any real difference between Grand Hyatt and Hyatt Regency?
Old Dec 16, 2018, 7:00 am
platbrownguy

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by aradisc
What??? The HR TST is great and one of the best value Hyatts on the planet (Cat 4). The GH is overpriced and mediocre.
Having stayed at both (and currently en route to HK to stay at HR TST again) I think the HR is good value (for free night redemption especially) and factoring in location is hard to beat at its price level. GH has a nicer feel to public spaces (more opulent, perhaps?) and significantly better food/beverage offerings in the club lounge, but not enough to justify the price differential to me. Honestly if the HR spruced up its lounge (and lounge F&B), added some staff, and heated the water in its pool, it could probably call itself a GH, unless there's something related to meeting facilities that it's missing.

I think the brand distinction is easier to see in some markets like Washington DC: the GH has a big opulent lobby with floors of meeting space downstairs, the HR feels dated and worn but does the trick as a run-of-the-mill conference site, etc.