FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Winnipegger surprised WS bag fees charged in CAD on trip to U.S. but USD on return
Old Dec 15, 2018, 11:33 pm
Frequentlander

Programs: WS Nothing, AC Something, AS Gold. Too big for 737Max washrooms
Originally Posted by aerobod

Doesn’t your company accept electronic entries? For personal credit card accounts RBC and TD (I’m assuming all other major banks, too) allow electronic download in a variety of formats with some filter options to select the relevant transactions, a lot quicker than masking printouts. Also, the corporate cards I have used over the past 15 years or so have provided all transactions in an electronic form for matching with a photo or scan of receipts, with the only manual input required being a one-line justification or list of people present in the case of meals or entertainment. For any company that thinks that the printout is harder to “alter” than the electronic records and hence more acceptable, image editing software is only a click away!
Some companies demand paper receipts for every single item. No receipt = no reimbursement. Some (most) accept scans but some actually want the physical original.
For self-employed people who travel for a number of client companies, conforming to each of their individual idiosyncrasies and how they want the taxes stripped out or not and reported or not is a nightmare.

As for currencies, I once did some work for a company in Little Rock, Arkansas and had to talk them through my expense claim because (and no hyperbole here) the person processing the claim had no idea that there was anything other than a USD and could not get their head around there being "other" currencies. That claim had USD, CAD and MXP so you might imagine how long it took me to get my expenses back.