FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Reserving seat on Qatar plane with BA flight number
Old Dec 15, 2018, 11:47 am
stevebintley

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald), TK Elite (*A Gold)
Originally Posted by Travelling Inspector
I suspect the agent is misinterpreting 'suitable for' as 'reserved for'. But you do need to get the QR PNR, and a more helpful BA agent should be able to tell you that. I had a similar experience in reverse the other day - booked a two-leg flight on S7, of which the first leg is on BA metal with an S7 codeshare flight number, and the S7 equivalent of MMB could tell me nothing about seats or indeed check-in for the BA leg. Searching the S7 PNR on the Amadeus website (CheckMyTrip) revealed the full itinerary with a reserved seat on the BA portions, but not one I wanted. A call to BA with the S7 PNR was partially successful, but the agent almost in passing mentioned that there was a different PNR for the BA portions and I should try that. Bingo! So if you get the QR PNR you should be able to access your booking on the QR site and choose seats. I don't have precise experience of that (my recent flights on QR were booked direct with them) but they certainly recognise oneworld status for free seat selection.
Sounds similar - I know I have seats on the BA numbers since changing the QR flights sends me an email detailing them. Is there another way to find the QR PNR, without spending another hour on the phone? One of the subscription sites?