FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Delta Boarding Process Jan 2019
View Single Post
Old Dec 15, 2018, 8:35 am
defrosted

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
Medallion upgrades are given out for unsold F seats. Pax in F seats purchased with miles did not "bypass" the order, they purchased a product that the airline now does not have to give away for free.
Agreed, and when I wrote "bypass" I figured someone might nitpick it, so I said essentially bypass.

I don't dispute that if someone pays (miles or cash) that now has nothing to do with the actual upgrade order anymore. I was just suggesting that the likelihood of skymiles members with FO or non medallion status may be the most likely folks to pay for upgrades (especially to C+) with miles because they may have no other realistic use for them. Therefore as GM I feel this reduces my chance for upgrades because I want to save my miles. PM or higher will be ahead of me anyway, paid or not, so non issue there.

So I wasn't trying to claim someone could actually bypass the order. My point was depending on how much they start charging (in miles) for upgrades I feel this could be a much larger disadvantage to GM's than this boarding order change.

Since many are claiming that this boarding order is a slight against PM and GM, I am saying is if GM's are to be upset at something the upgrade with miles is more concerning than the boarding order.