FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Longest upgrade list you've experienced?
View Single Post
Old Dec 14, 2018, 8:20 pm
KenTarmac

Programs: Pre✓, Delta DM, Hilton LT Diamond, Mariott Plat, PC Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
I'm a little surprised you weren't further down the list, as a gold. I would think there would be a lot of diamonds and platinums on that route.

I think the big question is will everyone get the same first-class monetization offer. That's the big unknown. Presumably, lower level elites will be more likely to buy an upgrade than a diamond.

Delta just happens to be doing this at the same time when many diamonds will drop to platinum because of the Reserve card MQD change.
I normally avoid ATL for that very reason I prefer to fly through MSP, SLC or DTW but since I was in the Southwest a connection to LAX then to ATL then home to CLT was the way to go.

I'm a Gold with a DELTA Reserve card so that probably helped keep me near the middle of the pack or near the top of the Gold heap (pun intended). This was also the flight that put me over the top and got me to Platinum status for next year. I did it on miles and time in the seats. I'm not a big spender on the Reserve card and got the card strictly for the sky club membership and the bonus MQM's after initial spend.

Anyway, I doubt there will be any consistency to the first-class monetization offers. There are just to many variables that are written into the monetization algorithm. Time of year, day of the week, time of day, fare class purchased, availability of upgrades, etc., etc.

We'll see what next year brings... Merry Christmas to all!