FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Google Fi: Anyone care to post their experience?
Old Dec 14, 2018, 11:50 am
Need

Originally Posted by pinniped
BTW, this actually worked! Thanks for the tip... The Twitter support was able to redirect the package to a FedEx / Kinko's location and I picked it up there. The automated alerts were a little wonky, because I still think somewhere in their system is Google's stupid request that it *not* be picked up at a FedEx location. I could tell that even the person who handed over the package had to do something strange in their system. But in the end, I was able to show ID, sign for it, and take the box home. So praise to the Twitter support rep - they can obviously do some magic that FedEx's phone support and website could not.

Will complete activation and porting process this weekend. I hope that works seamlessly, because if there are problems I have no idea what to do next. We have a Google Fiber store near us that actually has humans helping customers (and I've been there - they're good) but no idea if they know anything about Fi.
Cool that it works out. The activation/phone# transfer process was seamless to me. It took like 5 min since I already filled all the old carrier info on the computer. I would suggest you do that if you have not, otherwise you will have to fill in the stuff on the phone instead.