FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort, French Polynesia [Master Thread]
Old Dec 14, 2018, 9:26 am
spgplat21

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by bhrubin

Then we wish you a happy stay at the Conrad.

Unfortunately, I think you’ll discover that when it comes to service, OMAAT isn’t even close to the mark. I think you’ll discover that when it comes to food/beverage quality, OMAAT isn’t even close to the mark. I think you’ll discover that when it comes to Tahitian/French Polynesian authenticity, OMAAT isn’t on the mark. I think you’ll discover that when it comes to villa/OWV size. It isn’t even close. I think you’ll discover that when it comes to view and beach, it isn’t even close.
I will echo this sentiment. I have to agree that the rooms are not as well kept up as they should be, but that's a common complaint at all the Bora Bora resorts. I'm sure once the new wears off the Conrad, it will be exactly the same. And none of that affected our stay.

The food at the St. Regis was the best we had on the island, and we talked to guests from several other resorts that specifically come to the St. Regis for dinner because of the food. I also don't think you can overstate the views from the St. Regis. To me, waking up to the Mt. Otemanu view is worth all the extra money the St. Regis and Four Seasons charge vs. the Conrad.