FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA's airport minimum connection time table
Old Jul 28, 2004, 11:37 am
hillrider
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FWAAA
I have one question: Despite a 29 minute DD connection at ORD, the exceptions (in the footnotes) say no connection between flights 305 and 73 (which is 33 minutes). Of course, 305 arrives from LGA at 8:22am and 73 departs for HNL at 8:55 am, so the likelihood of making that connection is slim anyway. But wouldn't there be lots of 30-45 minute connections (not widebody to all, as those are 40 minute minimums) that are also unreasonable and should also be excepted as well? Why is this one the only exception?
This is a good question for AA. There are some relatively new exceptions for Hawaii at LAX and SJC (extra 10 minutes), so I'm assuming that they were having problems with those flights, which, I speculate, are filled with less-than-frequent travelers. Why at ORD they chose to specifically exclude that connection vs. a blanked increase by 10 minutes of the minimum the connection time to Hawaii (like they did in LAX and SJC) I don't know.

Last edited by hillrider; Jul 28, 2004 at 12:07 pm