FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Where to change diapers if the lav is too small?
Old Dec 13, 2018, 7:01 pm
themicah

Originally Posted by DirtyDan
Last time I had to change my little monkey on a domestic flight*: Baby table down, lav door wide open, and my back/arse hanging out into the galley. The FA actually came over and held the door for me. +1 AA. thank you. (not that the wide bodies have bigger lavs these days...)

As others have said, take just the minimum you need for that one change into the lav with you - theres' no room for a full nappy bag - one diaper, the cream/wipes, and a garbage bag (the reason I still get the occasional plastic shopping bag - to wrap a dirty diaper up in to contain the smells).
Totally agree. If the lav is too small, just hold the door open and stand in the doorway. That works for changing diapers as well as monitoring (and wiping) little ones once they start to use the toilet. It can get a little awkward if there are people waiting to use the lav, but people are generally understanding and it's infinitely preferable to changing a diaper on a seat or seatback tray table.