FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Business or British Airways First: Seattle to Cairo?
Old Dec 13, 2018, 11:06 am
AnaTravel

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave

I've checked the figures for Club Europe substitutions to CAI and I can only spot 2 occasions in 3 years where this has happened. It may have happened more than that, but currently the numbers flying on that sector makes it very tricky to do, even with a 321neo. I would rule that out as a factor, more flights have been cancelled due to bird strike.

The Air France idea would give a CE style flight from CDG to CAI but for a shorter trip, but presumably a good transfer experience in Roissy. It's not so easy to get given the SEA start point however.
CWS, the problem on this route is that BA have only been offering A321 or CE at certain times of the year. So, substitutes may appear few but the reality has been that a 777/787 CW experience was not always a direct choice. There has been no F class on this route for some years. On occasion, I've seen a 4 class used without F service provision. The reason is due to demand, I agree. I looked at using Air France J instead into Cairo but they only had a lie flat business product outbound. Out of curiosity I took a screenshot of BA LHR-CAI for next month and they are offering an A321. This may change, of course, according to demand.

Last edited by AnaTravel; Dec 13, 2018 at 11:19 am