FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2019] The Definitive Hilton Honors Status Match Thread
Old Dec 13, 2018, 8:32 am
FlyBitcoin

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HHonrs Diamond
Originally Posted by mikebor
I'm an ambassador member with Marriott, a Lifetime Platinum Premier and for a lot of reasons, once the merger happened it's been a nightmare. I don't like their customer service at all. I am looking to honestly(even though I earned the status with Marriott) move away from them. Would they fast track me to diamond? I know this is a Hilton forum but what are your guys thoughts of Hilton vs Marriott? Thx.
I would definitely take a trial run at a Hilton Diamond and see what you think. Just don't register for the status match until you are sure you can complete the 8 stays in 90 days. And make sure you get a confirmation of your registration before you start your qualifying stays. My thoughts so far is that I like the Hilton App and digital key that allows me to bypass the desk. Also the 4pm late checkout is nice. My key is often available many hours before the official check-in time. I ask for points over arrival gifts so no need to stop for that either. Have not been able to compare the lounges much yet but will do that more in 2019.