FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ireland
Thread: Ireland
View Single Post
Old Dec 13, 2018, 8:14 am
lwildernorva

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Jenna Carpenter
Lots of info- thank you. I will need to read with fresh eyes- it’s almost bedtime here! It’s my first trip to both; however, airfare from Philadelphia-Edinburgh was $430 RT and to extend my trip an extra two days would have been almost $300 more. I have no problem going back to either and fully anticipate I will.
That makes sense. Budget can be a constraint on any trip, and I'll jump on a cheap fare when I can--I went to Ireland in September 2017 on a $250 fare out of BWI even though I'd already been in April 2017. Your weather in May should be good in both places although frankly, you'll want to pack something waterproof and something warm because I've seen temperatures in the 50s and frequent showers in both Scotland and Ireland anytime from April through September. On the other hand, I've also seen sunny skies and temperatures in the 60s in April, 70s in May, and the very occasional low 80s from late June through mid-August.

How are you getting from Ireland to Scotland? Air travel and ferries will require some positioning at both ends of the trip. If you can take the time (and probably the extra money), I love ferry travel, but here is some information on both modes: Ferries and Flights from Ireland to Scotland.