FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Silver Elite benefits
View Single Post
Old Dec 12, 2018, 11:45 pm
evergrn

Originally Posted by JBord
But it's "based on availability". Busy resorts are less likely to have availability.

Overall, Marriott is very very good, in my experience, in regards to late checkouts. But I rarely request them at resorts, it's more often for work travel at CY's, Springhills, FS Marriotts, etc. So I think there's a chance you'll go to the trouble of getting a credit card and be disappointed with late checkouts. Or you might get them anyway even without status...but unlikely at a ski resort during high season.
Originally Posted by craigthemif
A ski resort is unlikely to give a late checkout to a Platinum Premier, much less a Silver.

It's something that almost everybody with status would want, and everybody with status also wants to arrive in the afternoon to a room that is ready. No hotel can handle both contradictory desires without being half empty, which isn't going to happen during ski season.
I understand what you're saying.
Just trying to get a sense of how Marriott/SPG is with regards to handing out late check-out, relative to other brands I'm more familiar with.

Even if I could get a 2pm checkout (instead of 3pm) on those two occasions, the card would be worth it.
I've been a Plat and now Discoverist at Hyatt for a while, and my sense is that 2pm checkout at Hyatt has been almost a guarantee.
On the other hand, Hilton is more of a crapshoot and is highly property-dependent (and somewhat variable each time even at a given property).

Do you guys think SPG/Marriott is closer to Hilton or closer to Hyatt, in terms of late checkout?
(Kacee's comment seems to imply the latter.)
Or maybe the answer is "it depends"?