FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Interesting Court Decision In Germany - Passenger does not need to fly last leg
Old Dec 12, 2018, 5:00 pm
NickB
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
LH have a simple remedy which is to update their T&Cs to allow them to reprice the ticket to flights actually flown and the sooner they do that the sooner this ruling will have no effects.
their conditions already say that and, I believe, have been saying that for quite a while.

From my quick reading of the judgment based on my very rusty German and the odd bit of help from google translate, it seems that the Court found that the clause was unfair due to lack of transparency, because, among other things, the passenger was not in a position to know when he booked the ticket what would be the cost of not taking the last leg. So, the implication seems to be that, if the airline want to reprice on the basis of the itinerary flown, the airline must let the passenger know in advance at the time of booking what the amount of the repricing will be. If my reading is correct, it may not be quite as straightforward to comply with as some posters in this thread seem to assume.