FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Accor's inability to follow through twice soured initially good service "recovery"
Old Dec 12, 2018, 3:29 pm
Nander

Programs: Accor Platinum, Eurobonus Gold, Flying Blue Gold
Short update on this: this post or (more likely) the Tripadvisor review I also posted had effect. The General Manager for Mama Shelter Prague reached out to me over e-mail and we also talked briefly on the phone: he claims that the issue has been with Accor not refunding the points but that they have done it now. No points in my account yet though, but I guess I will wait for a few days at least before following up.

I also heard back from Accor on the Best Price Guarantee, where they said that the rate "will be regularised at your departure day in the hotel regarding the final invoice". The price has not updated on the Accor page, so I am preparing for a discussion on check-out in Tokyo but now I at least have an e-mail from Accor stating exactly what the rate should be.

Lesson learned? You need to make things public to get any kind of action from Accor.

Thank you for the suggestion on reaching out to more senior management, Maelstrom - while hopefully not needed for this case, it might be good to keep in mind for future interactions with Accor. The tip on email structure is very handy!

Last edited by Nander; Dec 12, 2018 at 3:40 pm