FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Itinerary for Senior First timers in Japan
Old Dec 12, 2018, 1:10 pm
LapLap
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hanajiro

All of the Prince Hotels in the Shinagawa area (Shinagawa Prince, Grand Prince Takanawa, New Takanawa and Prince Sakura) share a free shuttle bus service that loops through all the hotels with a stop at the JR Shinagawa Station.
Here’s the schedule
http://www2.princehotels.co.jp/takan..._timetable.pdf
Am not sure if it’s a service other wheelchair users can use, but as the OP’s mother’s chair can be folded it might be fine, but as Kevin Crumbs says, best to check (I used a fold up wheelchair for the Sheraton Miyako which has a shuttle to and from Meguro, had some mobility and could just manage the steps and there was room for the folded chair resting on a passenger seat) But as I said, a taxi will be inexpensive. Despite having stayed at the the Grand Prince Hotels quite a few times, I can’t remember taking the shuttle. The walk is not long at all.

The actual Shinagawa Prince Hotel is the only hotel I’m not recommending. Rooms are much smaller and more like a typical business hotel. Have never stayed at the Shinagawa Prince as I’ve always found better deals elsewhere.