FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021
Old Dec 12, 2018, 11:41 am
BenA

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Cholula
I may be the only person who doesn't care for Leoda's Pies. And I'm not a big fan of sweet foods. Plus it's too far for breakfast for me. Otherwise a VERY good choice.
I can respect that viewpoint, particularly from someone whose entire online identity is based around hot sauce.

I think Leoda’s also just has a ton of sentimental value for me - my wife and I served a pyramid of their pies at our wedding, along with a token cake for the traditionalists. (Their cakes are actually pretty good, too.). And we snuck out from under everyone’s noses to get chicken and waffles in the morning before the wedding preparations started, too.

I will say we had enough pie left over after the ceremony that when we were ready to head onward on our honeymoon, we were pretty much done with sweets for a while. I had preordered the free Korean Air celebration cake they offer honeymooners on our HNL-ICN segment, which turned out to be a colossal 12” eight slice affair (!!!) - most of which we ended up donating to the Hungry Flight Attendants Fund