FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Silver Elite benefits
View Single Post
Old Dec 12, 2018, 10:47 am
evergrn

Thanks for the responses thus far. I know it's only 3 stays. But on 2 of them, it's a ski stay where it would help a lot to have the room until ~3pm since I'd like to ski till mid-afternoon that final day. It'd be a pain to have to scramble to pack up and check out first thing in the morning before hitting the slopes, then in the afternoon to have to go to the hotel gym to change and shower (provided the property will even let me do that, as Hilton and Hyatt always do) and then repack. So if chances of late check-out are great, then I'd like to go for it.

I'm not familiar with Marriott/SPG. I know that, with Hilton, chances of 3pm checkout are slim at most properties even as a Diamond. As a Diamond, even 2pm checkout is a crapshoot. On the other hand, I just have that Discoverist status with Hyatt, but the one Hyatt property I always stay at will always give me 2pm checkout without hesitation no matter how busy the hotel is (I've never asked them for anything later than 2pm).

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Nothing even hinted at on the late check-out front for Silvers, so it's hard to imagine a resort giving a complimentary 3pm check out unless it is truly empty / generous.
But priority late checkout is a stated benefit of Silver Elite, though.