FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Does National only want corporate business customers?
Old Dec 12, 2018, 9:16 am
iahphx
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
Many times National's prepaid leisure rates are within a few dollars of Alamo like this or this. Sometimes, you'll find National even lower than Alamo like this. The nice thing about these deals is that you can still take advantage of all of your EC benefits as they can associate your member number at the exit booth (no need to stop at the counter).
I'm confused. National offers prepaid rates? Where? When I clicked your links, there were no cheap National rates quoted.

Alamo, of course, does offered prepaid rates, but they're rarely worth using. Alamo just offers cheap rates to everyone who looks. Go to their webpage, search "deals" and viola.

In Florida this week, I'm paying less than $21/day for a full size midweek rental. I did cashback with that, and even gave them a $50 Daily Getaways coupon. It took me 1 minute at the counter and I got a brand new Ford Fusion Hybrid (I still picked my own car, turning down stuff like Camrys). This is why National's strategy seems silly to me.