FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United Polaris - New Business Class seats & inflight service {Archive}
Old Dec 12, 2018, 7:28 am
Midwestgirl22

Originally Posted by chavala

I’m on that flight in early January, so I’ve been watching the daily flight status. It’s been flip flopping between an old 772 and Polaris for weeks now.
Same thing is happening with my IAH-MUC on a CO763.
Just keep watching it every day and right up until the last minute so you don’t get stuck with some awful middle seats.
Thanks, that's what we've been doing.

We were originally flying from ORD-MUC on Lufthansa in Business, but I called United to rearrange my itinerary a bit (this is a multi leg pretty much round the world trip) and we kept running into roadblocks with availability (even though it was showing on United's site). The agent was amazing, I told her what I was ultimately trying to do, she put me on hold and started arranging things with the supervisor. They even gave me seats on flights that were not saver awards just to get me what I wanted. However, in doing so... they moved me from Lufthansa business to this flight

I was really looking forward to flying business for the first time on a long haul flight and had specifically picked Lufthansa over United due to the Polaris uncertainty.... fingers crossed we get lucky but going to keep my expectations in check. As of right now my husband and I are in the middle section but have a middle and aisle seat (no window seats left when this was booked).

Originally Posted by chavala

I’m on that flight in early January, so I’ve been watching the daily flight status. It’s been flip flopping between an old 772 and Polaris for weeks now.
Same thing is happening with my IAH-MUC on a CO763.
Just keep watching it every day and right up until the last minute so you don’t get stuck with some awful middle seats.
Also what is a good site to track or watch the status of the aircraft used and what aircraft is which? (how do you tell if its the old 772 or newer version?)

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Dec 12, 2018 at 7:58 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member