FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Changes to Ambassador from 1st March 2019 (now confirmed)
Old Dec 12, 2018, 7:08 am
FlyerTalker688786
Suspended

Originally Posted by boekel
exactly it was meant at least 10000 USD per night. And now lets stay with your example. You book a standard room for four nights for lets say 500 USD. They can refuse an upgrade to a RA and come away with a paltry 50 USD voucher or even cash reduction. If this is adequate for you then fine, but I cannot imagine any other RA accepting such things. This has the potential to kill the whole program
How about instead of 'assuming hotel will screw every member', but focus on 'how I am going to beat this policy'?

Hotel intentionally not upgrade RA or SA/PA will see people voting with their wallet and feet. I don't think hotels will intentionally not to upgrade members who entitled for upgrade just for the sake of giving $50 or 10,000 points out. You have too much negative energy in focusing hotel being a dishonest bean counter. There are too much ifs and ifs in your question.

Yes to answer your question, yes I think USD$50 or 10,000 points is very adequate. Because, you expect what you paid for. You booked a standard room, you get a standard room, that is no fault according to the booking contract. Upgrade is a gesture, not entitlement. Now IHG is recognising Ambassador Upgrade as benefit that can be compensated by voucher or points, is a step forward to the right direction. I don't think there are many competitors doing the same for their members.

If you don't think it is adequate, you are welcome to choose other hotel groups who could give you more. We are all free agent. But before you are denied many upgrades you would have, why not wait and see what is going to happen then judge?