FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Post Your Experiences: Late Check-Out for Elites (Starting 5/16/16)
Old Dec 12, 2018, 6:17 am
BeatCal
Suspended

Programs: DeltaPrivateJet, Ritz PP, Delta 4 million miler - Flying Colonel; AA Exec Plat (3 million + USAir)
Originally Posted by MarTN
Louisville Northeast Residence Inn — Selected Late Check out on the mobile app. Mentioned this at check in and received an eye roll. Clerk had to consult a note to see that Platinum really could ask for 4pm. Fast forward to morning of departure. I stopped by the front desk to double check. Clerk said there was nothing in my record and asked me who I spoke to at check in!! (Umm, the desk employee...I didn’t know her name would be required). I told the clerk we would be at a conference all morning and early afternoon but would let them know if we departed before 4. He said they were oversold for the night and housekeeping would be gone. I said we were Platinum and would be using late checkout. When we returned around 2, our keys didn’t work. Had to go to desk and go through the whole oversold discussion again.
It is normal for the keys not to work as the computer is "dumb" and makes then stop at the normal checkout. I would say abut 90% of the time need new keys at Marriott or ritz