FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Changes to Ambassador from 1st March 2019 (now confirmed)
Old Dec 12, 2018, 4:52 am
boekel

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Spire RA
Originally Posted by chongcao
no, I don't consider it as a failure. First of all, a room cost US10,000 a night, it would be a big suite. Currently there is restriction on suite upgrade. So I doubt any seasoned RAs would book a big suite cost $10,000 then complain about no upgrade. They know full well from current T&C that big suite is excluded. Second, the most expensive IC standard room is about US$750, which makes reward of USD50 or 10,000 Points compensation looks not that bad. Third, if you spend US750 for a room and not get any upgrade, you get nothing but a bottle of one of the hotel is nice at this moment. At least from March you are guaranteed to get something in return. Forth, this measure is designed to lure lower tier ambassadors. RA already enjoyed guaranteed upgrades. It is more likely that lower tier ambassadors will benefit from this measure. RA do not needs to worry.

Majority of the people staying in the IC will benefit. That us because majority of IC guest stay typical under 2 nights and mostly book the most basic and a level up categories.

if you are the type spending USD10,000 a night without thinking booking a lower category room, you are unlikely to even think about upgrade and compensation. Different clientele.
exactly it was meant at least 10000 USD per night. And now lets stay with your example. You book a standard room for four nights for lets say 500 USD. They can refuse an upgrade to a RA and come away with a paltry 50 USD voucher or even cash reduction. If this is adequate for you then fine, but I cannot imagine any other RA accepting such things. This has the potential to kill the whole program