FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sofitel Legend Peoples Grand Hotel Xian Review
Old Dec 11, 2018, 7:41 pm
tris06

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Maelstrom
Sensational, thanks for the review! You mentioned that you dined pretty much excusively within the hotels within the lounges at the two hotels and it seems you did not dine at the restaurants on-site - I assume the Happy Hour has enough variety and quality to fill up as a 'dinner'?

You also mentioned that the Lounge at the Legend is "makeshift". Are they renovating the normal one, and did they mention when kind of timeframe it would be before they were back in there?

My girlfriend and I will be in Xi'an for our anniversary next month and so I booked one night here (the standard Premium Room cost RMB 1000 + tax on the current sale), followed by two nights at the Grand Mercure next door. I will, of course, provide reviews for the stays.

Thanks again!
When I mean make shift it is lobby bar where you would purchase drinks during the non happy hours. However as platinum you can get free drinks (non alcoholic)all the time that the bar is open. So it becomes an informal lounge that all residents can use during happy hour.

And so its not temporary it is for the long term.
The variety not sufficient by itself as there is only 4 hot dishes. However if your a platinium member then a short but cold walk to the Club lounge makes it a decent dinner as both nights the hot food in the 2 lounges was different.