View Single Post
Old Dec 11, 18, 6:58 pm
lokijuh

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, MH Silver, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by directordash View Post
If anyone has experience riding Business on Singapore's 777-200ER (6 across in Business), please share.
By the looks of it, it's going to be fairly dire
It and the A330 have the old regional angled flat product. If you could swap to the earlier 77W or later A350 that would be better, but often these things aren't possible. I find if you go in with the attitude that it is dire, yes it will be dire.

But given you are travelling MEL-SIN, this is an afternoon/evening flight and the most derided element is that the seat is only angled when in bed position, it's probably OK. If you are not desiring to sleep then it's perfectly acceptable, it's certainly a wide seat and use the pillows and blanket to find the optimal sitting comfort. If you do want to sleep, the tip is to put it into fully flat mode, and raise it ever so slightly to but a slight kink in it, that stops sliding down, and if any spare pillows use that to rest your feet on, and it's not too bad.

Oh, two other things, firstly, IFE selection is more limited than other aircraft in the fleet (well it is in economy, I assume the same in business, but it has been a while since on that type in business, so can't remember). Secondly, I find bulkheads best for extra legroom, if you can secure such a seat (unless you have status, usually not until check in opens).