FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GUIDE: CLT / Charlotte Douglas Airport - MCT, Connection, etc.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 6:18 pm
taxatty56

Programs: AA EXP, Hertz Gold Plus, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
Well, nothing like a morning jog....

AA DCA-CLT 400 pushed back about 6 minutes early but our captain decided to be the only captain out of all the departures this morning to feel the need to deice. Frost on the wings. That took 25 minutes. Pushing out of gate 37, we did a 270 degree turn to get aligned with the alley facing east. That took 7 minutes. Taxi to base of runway 1 (slow taxi and now #6 in line) only to be put on an additional 15-18 minute hold in the "penalty box" owing to flow control into CLT. En route, flight crew nicely asks all passengers with 9:20 flights to raise their hands - I do as well as about a dozen others. Flight crew then asks all those to haven't raised hands to stay in their seats and let "hand raisers" off - including one passenger who was in row 25 (i.e., the last row). Plane lands at 8:50 and is at C-8 at 8:55. Off plane at 8:57.

-run- to gate B-11 for 9:20 DEN flight. With backpack and roll along bag. Make it with Group 5 queueing up to board.

6 minutes run time.

Attractive female in seat next to me. Passes wedding right check. <grin>
At least your flight didn't use a CLT E gate. Usain Bolt might not have made the connection.