FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Qualifying for 2019 Platinum in 2018 by [25 SPG property] stays
Old Dec 11, 2018, 4:56 pm
rosscali

Programs: Alaska MVPG, SPG-Marriott Bonvoy LT Plat
Made it to 25 stays and now what?

I called Marriott a few weeks ago when I had 23 stays in SPG Properties for 2018. I got transferred around and finally a helpful lady who told me she was from Starwood looked at my account and agreed with me that I had made it to 23 stays and at 25 would re-qualify for Platinum status for 2019. She confirmed this included the two "stays" posted to my account in January 2018 form my SPG American Express card.
Now I have reached 25 stays and like everyone else want to see this updated. I called today and got transferred to a Platinum desk, and the gentlemen told me that once per week they are scanning people's Starwood accounts and updating the expiration date of their Platinum status.

I don't feel comfortable sitting in limbo for three weeks while we wait for them to figure it out, and on the Marriott app there is no place where my Platinum status has an expiration date. I plan to call back in a week after nothing has happened to see what that explanation will be.

Really missing Starwood...