FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Dec 11, 2018, 4:40 pm
txhyattlvr

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
I'm with Kaycee on this one if we are discussing the Globalist breakfast benefit though I would say perhaps a bit greedy over cheating
After decades with Hyatt I can't think of any Hyatt hotel Park Hyatt or other that has asked me to pay additional for any reasonable breakfast ordered ala carte, buffet or Executive Lounge
It historically breaks Hyatt elite benefit precedent.When the hotel opened it was benefit as expected a complimentary breakfast and the breakfast then was truly fantastic with a heavenly pastry chef and inspired team on board
The only other hotel I've ever see do this in recent years use to be Andaz Maui who since dropped the up charges when they replaced it with a steep resort fee though not uncommon in true resort properties
Anyone else think of another Hyatt that up charges? Just curious now
WIth respect, one problem is when guests with 90's era expectations go in and charge up $100 for a "continental breakfast for one..." with any expectation whatsoever that it will be "covered" under WOH.

What you don't seem to realize is that market conditions have changed dramatically in the last 20 years. Consolidation has occurred. NO major chain offers the benefits that Hyatt now offers. The more money the breakfast benefit costs the properties (especially when it is used flagrantly) the more likely it is that Hyatt will match Marriott/Hilton and downgrade the benefit to match its closest peers. Yes, I know you will argue that "it's all built into the room rate" or "the small footprint requires Hyatt to offer these benefits" but the truth is that Hyatt is adding properties like crazy and will soon cross 1,000 properties which will put them at about the same size SPG was at merger, and remember that SPG got away with only offering a basic continental with up-charges for anything better....