FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Personal greetings
View Single Post
Old Dec 11, 2018, 10:29 am
skywardhunter

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by aceboy44
I just came back from a DXB - KWI flight and had the opportunity to chat with an EK crew. I asked her about the gold privileges (I told her I read stories online that you can request a first class dessert if you are flying in economy and she denied that this was possible.)

I then asked her if I can get a pillow from business class and again denied. I finally asked her if at least I can get dental/shaving kits from the lavatories and again she denied.

I then told her then the only benefit is the personal greeting (which literally means nothing if such requests are declined) and then she just said that I can upgrade onboard if I'm a GOLD member.......

After this flight I should be silver now, but not really sure if gold is worth spending extra for or I should stay in silver...... Anyways just wanted to share my experience here.
Please let me know where these benefits are stated? https://www.emirates.com/english/sky...-benefits.aspx

You're not even Silver, yet you requested all these things, which are not benefits even for Gold members (not even unofficially).

You're right, what's the point of Gold status, who needs worldwide lounge access, priority call centre support (for what, if one can take an expensive taxi to a local sales office instead), seat guarantee, priority baggage, free seats, free unlimited WiFi, bonus miles. Good call asking an inexperienced FA who's never experienced the Skywards programme and likely has no interest in it what benefits you get

Last edited by skywardhunter; Dec 11, 2018 at 10:40 am