FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Trying to Understand Upgrade Availability for AF
Old Dec 11, 2018, 10:17 am
flywithmiles70

Programs: Marriott Platinum, American Airlines Gold
So interesting development. . . Today I received an alert that Expert Flyer showed "O" availability on one of my return segments: AF 995 from JNB-CDG. As you can see it indicated that there were at least 5 "O" seats available.

Since I have a subscription to both ExpertFlyer and the KVS Tool, I immediately pulled up the same flight on KVS.

As you can see KVS did "NOT" show CS availability but only CV availability. As was indicated earlier in this thread supposedly CS availability is equal to O availability. So to check this I called Flying Blue and happened to speak with a very knowledgeable representative who checked this flight. She first pulled up my reservation and indicated that O was not available for this flight. I asked if she was only checking this segment or whether she was checking my entire married segment of JNB-JFK (JNB-CDG then CDG-JFK). She confirmed she was only checking the JNB--CDG segment. She then said let me try starting an entirely new reservation from just JNB-CDG and again she confirmed no O availability on the new reservation.

2 hours after I received the original alert from ExpertFlyer I'm still showing O availability on ExpertFlyer and only CV availability on KVS Tool.

So I'm somewhat confused and wondering which tool is correct? Obviously, it sounds like the KVS tool was consistent with actual availability according to what Flying Blue showed when I called. However why is ExpertFlyer showing at least 5 seats available with O availability?