FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Dec 10, 2018, 7:03 pm
spgplat21

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
I agree that the property should improve its breakfast (it's crazy there are 0 plans to open up an actual restaurant and the seating arrangements are terrible), but I thought the credit was reasonable and it was a nice touch that you are allowed to use it towards room service. I had a family of 4 and we went over $10-15/day, ordering a mix of the set breakfasts (57th St and Continental) and entrees. Our two children had the kids meals each morning. But overall, the breakfast prices are pretty comparable to other luxury hotels and I'm sure you would receive a similar bill with that order at the Ritz or Chatwal or St. Regis (I remember OJ being $15 on my last visit).

The 57th St breakfast was $42 and the continental breakfast was $38, both of which are under the per person globalist credit and include coffee and juice. Ordering a la carte at any luxury hotel with a breakfast credit and no buffet is tough, especially if you want juice and coffee. The prices are on the menu and available online and the globalist credits have been discussed regularly, so I'm not sure it's reasonable to go in expecting to be able to spend $100/person to create your own continental breakfast and have it fully comp'd. I appreciated it when they took my overages off the final bill, but I went in fully expecting to have to pay them.