FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best Practices for Filing EU 261 Claims Against United? {Archive}
Old Dec 10, 2018, 5:32 pm
nikbruno

Programs: CO
Yea my original flight a 12:05 LHR-ORD departure today 12/10 was cancelled and I rebooked onto a 3:05 departure that was then delayed till after 7pm. I then rebooked myself onto a 12pm departure connecting via EWR and ultimately arrived (just now) about 3hrs and 10 min after my original scheduled arrival time. I don’t think the double claim applies here because had my second flight been on time it would have arrived about the same time as this one I’m on. My issue right now is UA is saying that I’m only entitled to 50% of the 600euro because I arrived less than 4hrs after I was originally supposed to. I am reading upthread that the new rules entitle me to the full 600 since it was greater than 3hrs but can’t find any definitive language that supports it out there. Can anyone provide a link so that I can fight UA or are they in fact correct? When I search the rules I find seem to support what they are saying but I’m not sure if it’s stale information given what I’m reading here in this thread. Thoughts on how to handle?