FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DL appears to have another BOS buildup coming
Old Dec 10, 2018, 4:31 pm
The Situation

Originally Posted by SFTNYC
Ouch - this had already been cut from hourly, eliminating the 11am and 1pm southbound. I wonder which other 2 frequencies are going (though 6x daily for BOS suggests they're taking 2x from LGA and 4x from somewhere else). Lack of hourly on the shuttle makes it much less useful but DL already had pretty much exclusively E70s (rather than E75s), and my guess is Acela takes more traffic NYC-WAS than NYC-BOS (the train trip to WAS is almost a whole hour faster than to it is to BOS). I wonder if BOS-ORD/DCA will be marketed as Shuttle (only difference nowadays being pretty much free beer/wine in coach).
The West Coast Shuttle was eliminated last year and it looks like a very similar run-up for the East Coast shuttle. Limited gate space, horrible yields and frequency of flights slowly being reduced doomed it. With our experience, I would not be hoping for flights with shuttle branding, but hoping they don't eliminate the shuttle branding from existing flights.