FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best Practices for Filing EU 261 Claims Against United? {Archive}
Old Dec 10, 2018, 3:47 pm
threeoh

Originally Posted by Flying Machine

Seems to me that you have a double claim, if I read correctly up thread your first flight was canceled. And the rebook/replaced flight left about four hours after the planned departure (I just checked the flight status). You weren't re-routed rerouting is if they took you to another city for example LHR-DUB-ORD. So since your original flight was delayed more than three hours and the replacement flight was delayed more than three hours I believe you have a double claim. But I'll let the experts chime in on that.. if so you could have about $900 for each one in United money or €600 for each one. Good luck and let us know how it all turns out (this is in addition to any compensation they give you as an apology for your elite status)
I think re-routing in this case doesn't mean through another city, it means on any flights that you weren't originally booked on. So if you're booked LHR-EWR and then you get rebooked on a different LHR-EWR flight, that's "rerouting".