FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Unaccompanied minors using AS Visa Companion Fare
Old Dec 10, 2018, 12:31 pm
PDXpress

Programs: Alaska MVP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by flytoeat
How old are the kids? I've done exactly what you're trying to do with two 16 year-olds. (Had no problem with them on the companion certificate and not being the primary cardholder.)
I guess I'm glad to see this really is as complicated as I thought.

I have used the companion fare to book tickets for my brother- and sister-in-law before, so I know the cardholder doesn't have to be on the reservation.

The trick may be that the kids are 8 and 5 so they can't do connecting flights unaccompanied. One of the legs is MFR-PDX-BZN so the AS website won't let me book them unaccompanied.

So it seems the option is to book my wife and me first and I will then have a confirmation number to use in the "Link to Adult Reservation" field. Does the itinerary have to be an exact match? Will it reject it because my wife and I aren't flying ATL-PDX?

From AS website:
"Children under the age of 13 on Alaska Airlines flights must be linked to an adult reservation. Please book the adult reservation first and have the confirmation code available to enter on the Traveler Information page."