FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Has 'Marriott Insiders' Been Shut Down ? - Answered: No, just tech issues
Old Dec 10, 2018, 10:33 am
C17PSGR

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by BrightlyBob
I can’t really see Marriott closing down MRI without any notice. I remember IHG used to have an insiders type site. I started lurking but within a couple of months IHG announced was closing and gave the membership notice so they could DM those they wanted to keep in touch with and download any particularly interesting posts. Then it went.

Is there an incentive to close down MRI? Well it has been taking a lot of heat recently but I think that’s part of Marriotts intention, if heat is being packed over at Insiders then it’s not being disseminated around the broader internet. Containment it seemed to me was always one of Marriotts drivers for MRI. On the other hand MRI has had to ban some members, some of which were very big dogs, Plat Premiers when PP meant top-of-the-tree-secret-handshake stuff. Ticking off those members could prove expensive to Marriott.
Glad to see I'm not the only legacy Plat Premier who thinks the new program is a downgrade That being said, I don't frequent Insiders much. Seems to me that not to many companies run forums so wouldn't be surprised to see it shut down. On the other hand, if I was running a consumer facing company trying to drive incremental business from my best customers, it might be a good channel -- just like FT -- if I cared enough about keeping my best customers happy to make sure properties delivered on the program ....